Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bobbi's Yummy Meatloaf


My youngest daughter loves my meatloaf, so I normally cook it several times a month. I have adapted my recipe many times over the years and finally hit upon a combination my entire family enjoys. So ... I thought I'd share it with you!


BOBBI'S YUMMY MEATLOAF

--1 lb. ground turkey (chicken, deerburger or hamburger - whatever your family enjoys)
--1 egg
--1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
--1/2 cup chopped onions
--1 envelope onion soup mix
--1/2 cup tomato paste with 1 TBSP of sugar (or you can use ketsup)
--1 box stuffing mix

99% of the time, I use ground turkey for my meatloaf because it is what my family likes. The chicken and hamburger are just as good, and using deermeat is delicious, but you need to add a 1/2 water with the deermeat because it is so lean.

Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl until everything is incorporated. Press mixture into a loaf pan. You can place a thin layer of tomato paste (or ketsup) over the top of the loaf and then cover the pan with foil.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes; uncover loaf and continue cooking for 10-15 more minutes, or until loaf feels firm when a knife is inserted into the center. Let rest for 10 minutes then slice.

Yummy!! Serve with salad and your favorite veggie ...

No comments: