Friday, August 7, 2009

Free Flowing Friday

Welcome to Free Flowing Friday - my thoughts, feelings and activities from the past week:

1.) Oh my goodness, I just watched my baby drive away from the house solo for the first time this morning. All I can do is pray God is watching out for her. I know she is a good driver, but I worry about all the other drivers on the road.

2.) John Hughes, Home Alone John Hughes, Ferris Bueller John Hughes and 16 Candles John Hughes - dead at the age of 59. He was the director/producer of many of my favorite movies from the 1980s: Breakfast Club, Weird Science and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. He will be missed.

3.) Yard Sale City has come to town. This may be a strong statement, but I HATE the Hwy 127 Yard Sales! I live just off Hwy 127 and every year for one week and 2 weekends in August, I'm subjected to crazy drivers clogging my street, blocking my driveway and trying to turn around in MY YARD. People - get a life and respect other people's property!

4.) I turned 47 yesterday - or if you ask me, it was the 18th anniversary of my 29th birthday. I know they say you are only as old as you feel, but after suffering with a 3rd degree burn on my foot for almost 2 weeks now, I'm feeling pretty old.

5.) I have devoured the newest book in the Millennium trilogy by Steig Laarson - The Girl Who Played With Fire. Excellent, excellent book! Laarson is the author of last year's book, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. There is one more book in the trilogy and this will be the last book we get by Laarson - he died of a heart attack in 2004.

6.) My job as the Lexington Gardening Examiner for Examiner.Com is going great and I'm very happy. I am currently averaging over 1800 hits every week and the hits have gradually increased over time - and I've only been writing for them for 6 weeks. If you haven't already checked it out, Examiner.Com is a great place to find all types of information on an infinite number of topics.

7.) I would like to say I wasn't upset with the disruption with Twitter and Facebook on Thursday, but I'm afraid my nose would grow. Although I only use Twitter to post my newest Examiner articles, I have come to depend on Facebook on a daily basis. It was hard to post my status, leave comments or just click the "like" button ... okay, you caught me, I was really upset because I couldn't get to my farm in Farm Town. People, I had crops wasting away on the vine - tragedy!

8.) I guess my cool days of summer are gone - from the looks of the upcoming forecast, summer's heat and humidity are coming back with a bang. I was so enjoying the cool temps and all the rain.

9.) It's time to pull out the knitting needles and start working on Christmas gifts - it is only 144 days until Christmas. I haven't knitted much in the past 2 months because I've been doing more writing, but now it's time to pick out pretty yarn and get to work.

10.) I'm considering putting together a chap book of some of my writing to have for sale at the upcoming Mercer County Arts Festival in September. My daughter gave me the idea after she completed a chap book at the Governor's School for the Arts. Haven't made up my mind yet, but it's something to think about.

No comments: