Because I will be working with a local Girl Scout troop on making Sugar Scrub for family members, I thought it would be nice to share my recipe here. This scrub is perfect to make in bulk and it only takes a few minutes to assemble dozens of gifts.
Sugar Body Scrub
- 2 cups sugar – I like a basic white sugar, but you can also use a coarse natural brown sugar, just make sure it is not the soft brown baking sugar you find in the baking aisles. You can also do a mixture of white and brown sugars.
- Oil: I like canola or a light olive best. Any natural oil from a nut or fruit will work. Baby oil is also an option, as long as it is non-scented. Do not use cooking oils like corn or vegetable because this will make the scrub smell funny and give it a slick feel.
- Organic lavender essential oil or your favorite essential oil. I like lavender because it is relaxing
- Any old container with a lid.
- Cover sugar until saturated (but not over saturated) with oil.
- Add a few drops of lavender oil.
Use this scrub on your body either before you start the shower or during. Rinse well. Do not use on face or hair. This last a long time and it will not mold or go bad before you use it up. You can keep it in your bathroom. This scrub will make your body feel smooth and smell delicious.
When giving this scrub as a gift, I like to use squat, wide glass containers (i.e., salsa jars are great), or, if you are worried about breakage in the shower, resealable plastic containers will work just as well.
Other essential oil fragrances I enjoy:
- Grapefruit and peppermint
- Orange, clove, and lemon
- Basil and lemon
- Almond and orange