Friday, April 11, 2008

I don't know about you guys, but I have a very bad feeling about the summer Olympics in China. With all the backlash against China because of problems with Tibet, the genocide in Darfur, and contaiminated products being shipped all over the world, I am really worried about the United States going to China.

This first indication I had of a problem with the Olympic Games came with the protests surrounding the Olympic torch run. Then you have people all over the world rioting because of China. Put two and two toether and you get - not only four - but a bad taste in your mouth when talking about the Olympics.

When I heard about the protest regarding China and Darfur, I didn't know what the connection was. My hubby Googled China and Darfur, and I was astonished with the results. Did you know that China is supplying guns, ammunition and money to the people responsible for the genocide in Darful? Well, it is true. They are supporting these "terrorists" with supplies so that more innocent people can be slaughtered.

What the United States needs to do is step in with some of the billions being spent on Iraq and help the innocent women and children of Darfur. I'm afraid the Chinese are trying to kill us all, and our government is letting them!

This past year has brought us tainted dog food from China, lead painted toys from China, drug laced toys from China, contaminated people food from China, and just this week, bad heparin (a medication used by thousands of patients every day). Why aren't there more stringent safety checks of all the products coming in from China?

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I feel like China is targeting our young children because of the mass number of lead contaminated proudcts they continue to ship to the United States. What do you think?

No comments: