Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Try-It Tuesdays

Okay, I'm late with this post, and I'm taking the lazy way out. This week's Try-Tuesday is a new television that premiered last night.

My Own Worst Enemy
Henry Spivey (Christian Slater) is a middle-class worker who travels alot and has a wife, two kids, a dog, and a minivan. Edward Albright (Christian Slater) is an undercover spy who speaks 13 languages, runs a four-minute mile, and is trained to kill. Henry and Edward are exact opposites who share the same body.

This show promises to be exciting and action packed. I personally love Christian Slater, so it's nice to know I'll get to see him more on a regular bases, plus he is great in the two-timing role of Henry/Edward.

The whole premise of the show is that Edward is supposed to be the main character, and Henry is who he is when he is "asleep". But something has gone wrong in the underground headquarters that control the secret missions, and Henry has been "waking up" when Edward is supposed to be in control. Now Edward and Henry are communicating with each other through video tape, because they obviously can't meet face-to-face.

I am anxious to see where this show goes and I have high hopes that it will turn into a long running series. Right now, My Own Worst Enemy is running neck and neck with Fringe as my favorite new shows of 2008.

No comments: