Saturday, June 28, 2008

Dog Days of Summer

As the heat and humidity of summer continue to bear down on us, I find myself hibernating in the house more. I don't do hot weather, and I definitely don't do humidity! But I miss being outside in my gardens. Typically spring, fall, and winter are when I spend the most time in my gardens; during the summer I will make mad dashes to the flower garden to bring posies into the house, or the veggie garden to get something for supper, but I don't do much maintenance beyond watering and weeding.

So, what do I do in the house all summer - besides sit in front of the air conditioner? Well, I do a lot of reading - my "must read list" is starting to thin out - and I do alot of writing - I currently have 3 blogs, not counting this one, and I have my monthly column. I'm also working on 2 separate books, so I've been able to do a tremendous amount of research - after all, the library is air conditioned. I've also been reading some new blogs that are fascinating - there is a wealth of talent on the internet (see my post "Thursday Thirteen")

So, while my hubby and daughter work weekends at the Twin Hills Drive-In, I'm usually home alone, in front of the TV with my laptop and notebooks in my lap. Oh yeah, the air is blowing nice and cool and I'm drinking an iced Coca Cola - the real thing, no diet please! Come on over - tonight is a Robin Hood marathon and you don't want to miss it!



Also check out: Bobbi's Book Nook and Mrs. Greenhands

No comments: