Friday, August 14, 2009

Free Flowing Friday

1.) 3 words - Ragweed, Ragweed, Ragweed! My seasonal allergies are killing me: stuffy nose, congested head, sneezing, watery eyes, post nasal drip, sick to my stomach - you name it and I'm feeling it right now. Sorry to be gross, but the allergies are ruling every part of my life right now - Benadryl is my friend.

2.) The foot is finally feeling much better. Just the past 2 days, I've noticed a tremendous improvement - new skin, decreased redness, scant amount of drainage. I'm alive, thank goodness, and I think I'll live.

3.) Mercer County Arts Council meeting last night was awesome! I'm totally amazed at the amount of talent in Mercer County. Many of the artisans brought items and we had a "mini art gallery." I'm so excited about the prospect of what this council can do.

4.) Started reading a new book by my bloggy friend and native Kentuckian, Laura Frantz - The Frontiersman's Daughter. Laura was born in Kentucky, and still has family here, but she now lives in Washington state with her family. This is her first book and I've fallen in love with her writing style. So much research went into this book and the details, in combination with Frantz's prose, give the reader interesting characters and a wonderful story. I'll keep you updated about when the book review will be posted. Check out Laura's journal, Imagination.

5.) After weeks of putting up with a defective DVR from Time-Warner cable, we have finally had the box replaced. I know to most people this may not be a big deal, but after you've put up with the remote turning the DVR off almost every time you push a button, being able to flip thru the channels with ease is a joy.

6.) We've just finished the first full week of my daughter driving to school - it has been terrifying for me. I know she is a wonderful driver - it's the other drivers I worry about. Every time the phone has rang in the mornings or afternoons, my heart starts beating faster because I'm afraid it will be her - or the police. I know I need to lighten up, and I will eventually, but right now I just can't help myself.

7.) WTF?? Pine Valley is really starting to get weird. My fascination with All My Children has left me scratching my head wondering what some of these characters are thinking. Really? Zach and Jessie have smuggled Kendall away from jail and replaced her with a look alike? Really? What women would voluntarily go to jail in Kendall's place? And really? After all the publicity, how come the jailers don't realize they have the wrong person? Oh, what a tangled web we weave.

8.) The commerical I've laughed my head off at this week - the one with the car and the pothole. I don't even remember what the commerical is advertising, but I love that talking pothole and her Southern accent.
... "Oh no, your tires all flat and junk - did I do that? Here let me get my cellular out and call you a wrecker. Oh shoot, I got no phone, 'cause I'm a pothole ... so ... 'k bye" ...

No comments: