Monday, March 8, 2010

Burton in Wonderland

(Photo copyright Disney Productions)


My hubby and youngest daughter, Christine, have a weekend tradition that I occasionally join in on. They are both HUGE movie buffs and plan their weekends around what movie they want to go see. I enjoy movies, too, but I really hate to be in crowded places, so it has to be a special movie to get me out of the house.
Tim Burton’s "Alice in Wonderland" was the movie that got me out of the house this weekend.

I have been an avid Burton fan since the short film, "Frankenweenie." Released in 1984, this was the first in a long-line of Burton movies I have enjoyed. Others include "Beetlejuice," "Edward Scissorhands," "The Nightmare Before Christmas," "Plant of the Apes," and "Corspe Bride."

There has been talk of Burton remaking "Frankenweenie" into a full-length movie, which I think would be cool. However, the project I’m most looking forward to is next year’s "Dark Shadows." "Dark Shadows" is one of my favorite shows, and even after being off the air for almost 40 years, I never get tired of watching the shows on DVD.

Burton is also going to take on the classic story of "Sleeping Beauty;" only he will be taking a different angle. He wants to tell the back-story of Sleeping Beauty from the view point of Maleficent, the Witch/Dragon in the story. Should be interesting.

So, as my hubby and daughter plan what movie they will see this coming weekend, I'll catch up on my writing and think long and hard about the next movie I want to go see.

No comments: