Monday, November 16, 2009

Crafting Monday



I thought with the holiday's fast approaching, I might offer my readers some simple homemade crafts / gifts to surprise your family and friends with this Christmas. With the economy trying to climb out of a recession and limited time due to family obligations, these ideas are fast, easy and fairy inexpensive.

This week I'm introducing you to Fireside Coffee - this one is always a hit and I even have people asking for it throughout the year.

FIRESIDE COFFEE

--Pint mason jar, or any recycled glass jar
--Instant coffee mix
--Coffee creamer
--Hot chocolate mix
--Evaporated milk

In a large bowl, mix one cup each of the dry ingredients. Spoon into glass jars and replace lids. Apply a label to each jar with the following instructions:
Fireside Coffee
Add 2 to 3 heaping teaspoons to one mug boiling water. Stir and enjoy!

You can also attach candy canes or chocolate covered spoons to each jar as "stirring" sticks for added flavor.

3 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I love it! I might have to make this one for myself as well, lol!

Susan C. Brown said...

This sounds great, and the photos are so inspiring! I'm supposing evaporated milk in the recipe is the same as powdered milk?

Lynn Irwin Stewart said...

My (small) neighborhood always exchanges small Christmas goodies - this looks good -- and like something I could actually handle!!