Friday, November 13, 2009

Free Flowing Friday

1.) I started my new job this week at the Ragged Edge Community Theatre - I am the new Theatre Administrator. So far, so good - I'm really enjoying the work. This week I've mainly been trying to organize the office - it was in such disarray! - and I'm trying to update the filing system. Next week I hope to get into more of the day-to-day operations at the theatre. And if you happen to be in Harrodsburg during the week of December 3 - 6 or December 10 - 13, stop by the RECT and see our production of "It's a Wonderful Life." Thursday - Saturday shows are at 8pm and Sundays are 3pm. Tickets are $12 for adults and $8 for children.

2.) My youngest daughter, Christine, has strep throat - she missed school yesterday and today. Keeping my fingers crossed hubby and I don't get it, too - I can't afford to be sick right now!

3.) My new great niece, Desiree, is growing like a weed! It's hard to believe she is 2 weeks old already. So far, she's been a pretty good baby, but I think she has her days and nights mixed up.

4.) I got my hands on Stephen King's hefty new book this week - UNDER THE DOME - and it's a whopping 1,100+ pages! Not as large as THE STAND, but close to it. I must admit, I'm not even half-way through it yet, but my new job has interfered with my reading time. I hope to get caught up this weekend.

5.) If you're going to be in Harrodsburg tonight, come down town at 6pm and watch an encore presentation of "THRILLER" by the Studio G dancers. They will be performing in the Olde Town Park (the fountain park) on Main Street. This dance has been very popular with the citizens of Harrodsburg, hence the encore presentation.

6.) I have a meeting of The Community of Mercer County Writers - Nomadic Ink - tonight at 7p at the KY Ag Center. Anyone interested in writing is welcome to join us - we are always looking to add members to our group.

7.) It's Persimmon weather, er season - Persimmons are now available at the Farmer's Market and in grocery stores. If you've never tried one of these little fruits, you are missing a treat, especially when sweetened and made into pies and tarts. My Granny Sallee had a Persimmon tree on the family farm and she always told me Persimmons weren't good until after the first frost - something about the frost helps to sweeten them. I never appreciated these fruits when I was younger, but I my tastes have adapted as I've gotten older and now I enjoy these little fruits of autumn.

... and last but not least

8.) ... I'd like to ask for prayers for my mother, Brenda - she has been very sick and we aren't sure what the problem is. She is supposed to have a CAT scan as soon as possible. She has been living with Chron's Disease for over 30 years now, but this new problem doesn't seem to be related. Mom is the rock of our family and we're all praying for a speedy recovery.

2 comments:

Lynn Irwin Stewart said...

Hope your mom feels better soon!

Elissa L. said...

I just made my first batch of persimmon cookies last night!