Monday, January 18, 2010

Creature of Habit

I consider myself a creature of habit - some people may say I'm just stuck in my ways. However you want to phrase it, I have a tendency to do things the same way every time I do them.

This morning, on the spur of the moment, I took a different route to work. This may not seem like a big deal to some, considering I only drive 5 miles to work, but this morning I felt like a rebel.



Instead of driving up Main Street, I came in through a side street. Because our courthouse is currently being rebuilt (don't get me on a rant about the evils of tearing down the historic courthouse!), there is a wide open view of the upper portion of Main Street. Harrodsburg has a beautiful Main Street! The view from College Street to East Office Street on up to Main Street give a panoramic view of the Kentucky Fudge Company - one of my favorite places to eat - Studio G, Whitaker Bank and several others.

Fascinating what you can see when you break out of a rut.

Now, wonder what "habit" I'll break tomorrow??

No comments: