Friday, January 22, 2010

Free Flowing Friday

Friday, Friday, Friday - how did you arrive so early? It's been another fast-paced week and right now, all I can think about is a long nap after work!

1.) I want to thank Katerina Stoykova-Klemer and her writing group - Poezia Writing Group -for allowing members of the Community of Mercer County Writers to join them this week. It was great fun and we will be attending again very soon. We meet so many talented writers, all full of energy and active muses. Thanks guys, especially you John Malkovich (Keith) - we'll be seeing you in HECK!

2.) "The Wizard of Oz" at the Ragged Edge Community Theatre was a sell-out last weekend and we are hoping for the same this weekend. It is amazing that a small local Theatre can have standing room only for an amateur performance. Look for many more great shows under the direction of Tagan Citty. "Southern Hospitality" opens February 19th.

3.) I got the email I was waiting for this week, but it is not as great of news as I wanted. Arcadia Publishing has accepted my book proposal for Historical Images of Harrodsburg, but they want to move the deadline up from October to August. I'm hyperventilating over losing 2 months of time and I'm second guessing myself. Will I have time to get the book I want ready in only 7 months? I'm expecting my first grandchild in June and I will be getting Christine ready for college. I'll be doing a lot of praying this weekend - they want an answer on Monday.

4.) I'm excited about the Book Release Party for "The Women of Mercer County" on Sunday, January 31st from 3-5pm at Beaumont Inn. I hope everyone comes out and supports this historically important book. The book features more than 125 stories and will be available for $20. After the Book Release Party, the books will be available at The Harrodsburg Herald, Beaumont Inn, J. Sampson Antiques & Books and Harrodsburg/Mercer County Tourist Commission.

5.) I'm still fuming over Chief Justice John Roberts decision yesterday giving big corporations the same rights as individual citizens. In the words of Keith Olbermann:
"... the First Amendment, free speech for persons, which went into effect in 1791, applies to corporations, which were not recognized as the equivalents of persons until 1886. In short, there are now no checks on the ability of corporations or unions or other giant aggregations of power to decide our elections. None."
As if the GOP weren't already in the back pocket of big business.

6.) Two weeks until LOST ...

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Congrats on the book contract.

Lisa Brawner said...

congrats !!!! you have had a busy and productive week

Katerina Stoykova-Klemer said...

Congratulations on the book contract. You will manage, just try to substitute enthusiasm for stress :-)
I look forward to seeing you in group again. You can start bringing chapters from your book there if you want.
Also, I'd like to buy a copy of "The Women of Mercer County." If it is not too much trouble, could you please bring me a copy?