Baby, it's cold outside! To steal a line from Bill Meck - WLEX TV 18 weatherman:
"Who went to Canada and left the door open!" I mean really, does it have to be sooooooo cold?
Now, before it sounds like I'm complaining, I thought I'd list some of the reasons this bone-chilling weather is a good thing:
- You can put your glass of Coke (or whatever you drink) out on the window ledge for 10 minutes and not have to use ice.
- You can snuggle on the couch with your honey - two bodies can make the night a little warmer.
- All that shivering helps to burn calories!
- 3 things - hot chocolate, fuzzy blanket and a good book, oh, yes!!
- You don't have to worry about unexpected visitors, 'cause no one in their right mind would be out in this weather unless absolutely necessary.
- You can justify eating that chocolate, "Because I need to keep my metabolism up in order to stay warm."
- You can get away with not washing your hair because stocking caps are the order of the day.
- You can store up great stories to tell your grandkids; "When I was a young whipper-snapper, it was so cold I ... "
- No mosquitoes, no mosquito bites!
- You can walk across the muddy spot in your yard and not worry about getting your feet dirty.
- You can use your car to store extra ice cream - it's never too cold for ice cream!