Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday 13 Television

It has been a long time since I've done a Thursday 13, but with the new fall line-up of TV shows premiering, I thought this would make a perfect topic. So, without further ado, here are my top 13 reasons to watch TV this fall:

1.) BONES - Yes, Booth and Brennan are back for their 5th season and this cast runs like a well-oiled machine.

2.) FRINGE - This was my favorite new show of last season and what could be more perfect than pairing it up this year with BONES. This cool science-fiction show has moved to Thursdays nights at 9pm and we will be traveling into parallel dimensions. If you missed any of this great show last year, season 1 is available for purchase or to rent from Netflix.

3.) CASTLE - This was my 2nd favorite new show of last season and I am delighted to have the character of Richard Castle to entertain me on Monday evenings. The premise of this show is a bestselling fiction novelist (Castle) is paired up with a police officer (Beckett) and she becomes the muse for his newest book character. Starring Nathan Fillion (Castle) and Stana Katic (Beckett), the real star of the show is Molly Quinn who plays Castle's 15 year old daughter Alexis. She is charming and gets along better with adults than with kids her own age and enjoys school.

4.) HEROES is back for another stab at saving the world. This weird little enigma of a show just keeps getting better and better. You never know what new super power will emerge.

5.) GREY'S ANATOMY - Will Seattle Grace ever be the same without George? I've never been a fan of Izzy and I would have much rather seen her leave the show than George, but our society has an obsession with blond-haired, blue-eyed women, so Izzy stays.

6.) ROBIN HOOD - This BBC is largely overlooked by most Americans and it's really a shame. There is just something about the legend of Robin Hood I find appealing. Although I was not at all happy with the season 3 finale, it is great to see Robin and the gang back in action.

7.) MEDIUM - Boo to NBC for dropping this wonderful series - Kudos to CBS for picking it up! I think NBC has made a bad decision dropping so many of its drama shows in favor of Jay Leno every night at 10pm. Sorry, I digress ... I'm happy to see my favorite "dreamer" find a new home, even if it is on Friday nights.

8.) DOLLHOUSE - I can never get enough of Joss Whedon, so I was thrilled to hear DOLLHOUSE would be back for a 2nd season. Eliza Dushku is one of my favorite actors - I feel in love with her when she played Faith on BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER. I'm anxious to see how her character evolves this season.

9.) VAMPIRE DIARIES - Based on the book series "Vampire Diaries" by L. J. Smith, it is not really a surprise to see another vampire show hit the airwaves. For die-hard vampire lovers like myself, I have been in awe of the recent resurgence of vampire related movies, television and books. I'm not sure how I'll react to this series because I've only seen the first episode, but I am DVRing them for a marathon session, so time will tell.

10.) HOUSE - Because of my hectic schedule this week, I have not watched the season premiere of HOUSE, but hubby and I plan to watch this weekend. House seems to have gone off the deep end, so it will be interesting to see how this warped character functions.

11.) DEXTER - I love my little serial killer - does that make me a bad person? Hehe ... Michael C. Hall is a fabulous actor and he has embodied the character of Dexter Morgan. This show is based on the "Dexter" series by Jeff Lindsey.

12.) EASTWICK - I've been looking forward to this one, but I didn't get to watch the premiere last night. I loved the book "The Witches of Eastwick" by John Updike, but I wasn't crazy about the movie adaptation.

13.) LOST - Last, but not least, LOST won't start again until January, but I am so looking forward to the final season. Will all our questions be answered? Did the gang reverse time back to the beginning? Is Juliet really dead? Can't wait to find out.

2 comments:

Lynn Irwin Stewart said...

Wait until you see the end of the 4th season of ROBIN HOOD...

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I LOVE Bones.
Didn't get into Fringe, which was surprising, as it sounds like something I'd love.
Nathan Fillion? I'd watch him in anything. I'd watch him brush his teeth. I'd even pay.

Oh, Robin Hood! I used to love this show, and so many on BBC! Hex, the one about Jeckyll and Hyde... but then we switched from Direct TV to cable... only to find out that cable doesn't carry BBC! I wept.

House and Dexter are both fabulous.

My favorite review guy panned Eastwick. Like you, I didn't love the movie, so I'm wondering how good a show can be that is based on it.