Tuesday, September 8, 2009

We've Done Good

You realize you've done a half-way decent job of raising your kids when one of them offers to go to town and do laundry. With the fire clean-up still occupying the majority of our time, some things have gone by the wayside. Laundry, for instance. We have finished hanging the drywall in the laundry room and the handyman is supposed to come today to replace the windows, so we don't have the new washer and dryer installed - hence the reason for going to town to do laundry.

Most of the day Friday and Sunday, we spent on overdue yard work - bushwhacking, weeding and mowing. Because Monday was a holiday, I hadn't thought too much about laundry, but my daughter was one step ahead of us. When she came and suggested going to MaMaw's to do laundry, I was overwhelmed. Christine has been great with helping out since the fire, but with her heavy school load this year, I didn't want to give her too much extra stuff to do.

So, off she went to MaMaw's house with 3 baskets of laundry and hubby and I finished up the yard work. Almost 3 hours later, Christine returned home with clean laundry. By this time, I was so exhausted I could hardly move - I think my hubby was beyond exhausted. Christine then proceeded to cook supper.

We've raised a great kid and I am so proud of her. She is continually amazing me with her kind-hearted ways and desire to help others. We've done good with this one - we've done good.

No comments: