Friday, June 5, 2009

Free Flowing Friday ...

...
..
...
..
...
..
...
..
... this way ... follow me please ... walk this way ... come along ... we must hurry ...
..
...
..
...
..
...
..
1.) Don't think I'm going to be able to force myself to go see LAND OF THE LOST. I've ready too many bad reviews, and although I don't always agree with bad reviews, I don't like Will Ferrell and all his bathroom humor - most reviews make mention of the silly bathroom humor. I just don't want to spoil my memory of this campy, funny childhood show. Just because you take the name of the show and the name of the characters doesn't mean there will be a pleasant outcome.

2.) I've started a new young adult book series, this one by Tom Lloyd. THE STORMCALLER is the first book in the new Twilight Reign series. Magical creatures and a flawed hero, so far Lloyd has done a great job of creating a new world of fantasy fiction. The 2nd book is THE TWILIGHT HERALD and the 3rd book is THE GRAVE THIEF. The 4th book - THE RAGGED MAN - will not be released until 2010.

3.) The wedding is only 2 weeks away - yikes!!!

4.) Instead of working on a book I've been writing, I've gone off on a tangent working on a totally new piece. The muse is fluid and hot and I've already gotten just over 2,100 words today. I don't know if it's any good, but my muse sure wants to write the story.

5.) I plan to take some soft-wood cuttings this weekend: mock orange, curly willow, pussy willow and several climbing roses. I've had good luck with all these, except the roses - I've never tried to root a rose cutting. I also want to try some grafts on my apple and pear trees and a red oak tree. With one acre to cover, I need all the free starts I can get.

6.) I must do something with the mop I call my hair. For the past 2 years, I've been letting my natural color grow in, so now my hair is at least 5 different colors. Thinking I was just going to let the gray grow out, I was happy with my plan, until my hubby said he doesn't want me to keep my gray hair. Crushed, my hair is about the only thing I'm vain about, so I'm sure I'll color it and maybe try a new haircut. If I do it this weekend, I'll have time to work with it before the wedding.

7.) I'm hoping the Farmer's Market will have some raspberries this weekend, but if they don't, I'll get more strawberries. I plan to make more jam on Saturday - this will make 3 weekends in a row I've made jam.

8.) I mixed up some no-knead bread dough yesterday and all I need to do is let it rise today and it will be ready for the oven later this evening. Homemade bread and yeast rolls - yummy!!

9.) My Netflix DVD for this weekend will be THE SHINING - not the Jack Nicholas version, but the Stephen Weber mini-series version from television. This movie follows the book much more closely than the big screen movie. Stephen King has stated this is his favorite version of THE SHINING as well - he was not pleased with Stanley Kubrick's version.

10.) And last but not least, I have to finish scanning in Amber and Jason's childhood photos for the church. They will be running a slideshow just before the wedding.

2 comments:

Lisa Brawner said...

you have been one busy gal :) I decided not to watch land of the lost also . I just have never cared for bathroom humor ..makes me want to scream "grow up people" . I wached the librarian #3 and the last templar last night. were good.Not great but good :)

Liz Brooks said...

Love that version of The Shining. It is my fav horror book.
After ten years of coloring my hair I finally have found a color that is almost the exact same as my natural brown. I'm sticking with it.
I want a how-to on canning if you have a chance:) I want to do that this summer. Jams, jellies and marmalades oh my.