Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Way Back Wednesday - Forrest Gump

Forrest Gump is a 1994 comedy-drama film based on the 1986 novel of the same name by Winston Groom. The film was the top grossing film of 1994 in North America. The film won a total of 6 Academy Award - including Best Picture, Best Visual Effects, Best Director (Robert Zemeckis), and Best Actor (Tom Hanks).

"Forrest Gump, while not intelligent, has accidentally been present at many historic moments, but his true love, Jenny, eludes him."

Forrest Gump tells the story of a man with a borderline intellectual disability and his epic journey through life meeting historical figures, influencing popular culture and experiencing first-hand historic events of the late 20th century while being largely unaware of their significance.

The movie starts with what will become an iconic feather falling to the feet of Forrest Gump who is sitting at a bus stop in Savannah, Georgia. Forrest picks up the feather and puts it in the book Curious George, then tells the story of his life to a woman seated next to him. The listeners at the bus stop change regularly throughout his narration, each showing a different attitude ranging from disbelief and indifference to rapt veneration.


STARRING:
Tom Hanks ... Forrest Gump
Robin Wright Penn ... Jenny Curran (as Robin Wright)
Gary Sinise ... Lt. Dan Taylor
Mykelti Williamson ... Pvt. Benjamin Buford 'Bubba' Blue
Sally Field ... Mrs. Gump

My family loves this movie. It is a great family movie that makes you remember the important things in life, instead of worrying all about life's stresses.

FAVORITE QUOTES:

Forrest: My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

Mrs. Gump: You have to do the best with what God gave you.

Forrest: Mama always said, dying was a part of life.

Forrest: And cause I was a gazillionaire, and I liked doin it so much, I cut that grass for free.

Lt. Dan: Have you found Jesus yet, Gump?
Forrest: I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him, sir.

Forrest: Now you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I could run like the wind blows. From that day on, if I was ever going somewhere, I was running!

Forrest: Stupid is as stupid does.

Forrest: That's all I have to say about that.

No comments: