Friday, June 26, 2009

Free Flowing Friday

So much is going on/has happened this week:

1.) Too many deaths this week: Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson and James Baker Hall. You've probably heard of the first 3, but unless you live in Kentucky, you probably don't known the 4th. James Baker Hall was a wonderful Kentucky author and he was our state's Poet Laureate from 2001 - 2003.

2.) Missing my youngest daughter so very much! She will finish up her first week of work at the Governor's School for the Arts and from all indications, she is having a wonderful time. This is the first time in almost 27 years that I have not had a child at home. I'm not liking the empty nest syndrome!

3.) Read 2 books this week: PYRES by Derek Nikitas (a KY author) and SKIN TRADE (Book #17 of the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series) by Laurell K. Hamilton. These were 2 totally different kinds of books, but both were great. Yesterday, I started on DUMA KEY by Stephen King - this one goes back to his beginning roots. I had quit reading King over the past few years because I was happy with several of the books, but he has redeemed himself with this one (and JUST AFTER SUNSET). I am eagerly awaiting his fall release, UNDER THE DOME.

4.) Hoping my oldest daughter and new son-in-law get home from their honeymoon in Myrtle Beach happy, safe and sound. I can't believe it - I'm now a mother-in-law! If you haven't had a chance to see the beautiful wedding photos, you can see them here.

5.) I started a FaceBook group this week for my writing group - The Community of Mercer County Writers. It is our plan to provide writing prompts or "spring boards" for area writers. The name of the group is Nomadic Ink and you can check us out on FaceBook. You can also check out our blog: Nomadic Ink.

6.) Today ends my first full week of being a local gardener examiner on Examiner.Com. Thanks so much to everyone who has visited my page and for your kind comments. Now that the wedding is over, I'm hoping to be able to devote more time to this page.

No comments: