Monday, June 8, 2009

It's Time to Burn ...


... with BURN NOTICE, that is. Me and my hubby are both huge TV fans - what, say it ain't so - and we are always looking for new programs to watch. Although we don't enjoy the reality shows - with the exception of LITTLE PEOPLE BIG WORLD, HELL'S KITCHEN and THE F WORD - that seems to be all that is on anymore. And with Jay Leno going to 5 "primetime" nights a week, what's a TV loving couple like us supposed to do?

Enter BURN NOTICE, currently seen on the USA channel. I had a friend highly recommend this series, so we thought it would be fun to watch the first few episodes to see if we would enjoy it. Last week, in preparing for the 3rd season premiere, USA ran a BURN NOTICE marathon, so we were able to DVR the first 2 season. Yesterday was the first opportunity we've had to watch TV together all week.

Yeah, I know, we should have been outside enjoying the sunshine, but I'm just not a sunshine kind of girl. Don't get me wrong, I love my gardens and my flowers, but my favorite time for working in the garden is early in the morning or after the sun has gone down. Sorry, I digress ....


So, we watched the pilot episode, then we moved on to the next episode, and by episode #3, we were hooked - hook, line and sinker! This show has everything: a hunky leading man (Jeffrey Donovan), a gorgeous ex-girlfriend (Gabrielle Anwar), and a funny side kick (Bruce Campbell)- not to mention a cooky mother (Sharon Gless). The episodes are fast paced and action filled and they leave you wanting more.

Check it out - season 3 of BURN NOTICE is now available on HULU. Tell 'em Aunt Bobbi sent ya!

1 comment:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I haven't seen this one, though I've heard good things about it.

During the summer, when TV during the week isn't that great, we watch shows on Netflix. We are currently trying out Breaking Bad and Nip Tuck.

Weeds tonight, though! I'm so looking forward to it!