Saturday, September 13, 2008

Tag - I'm It

Julia from A Piece of My Mind tapped me in the Tag, You're It! game.

Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. List 6 unspectacular quirks you have.
4. Tag 6 bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each person’s blog to let them know they’ve been tagged.

Okay, here goes:

1.)I am a Dark Shadows fanatic. Remember the 1960s soap opera with Barnabas the vampire? Yeah, that's the one. I own ALL the Dark Shadows DVD collections: 26 collections with 4 discs each, plus The Beginning collections (pre-Barnabas) 1-5, also with 4 discs each (the final Beginning collection will not be released until October). You do the math - that's 124 individual DVDs - not counting the blopper, reunion and movie DVDs.

2.) I'm a Planet of the Apes freak! I love the movies and the television series - and I own them all on DVD. When I was younger, I read all the comic books and even watched the animated cartoon on Saturday mornings.





3.) I HATE being in crowds of people - I'm more of an introvert than an extrovert.





4.) When I'm home alone, I love to put a Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers album on the stereo and dance while singing at the top of my voice!







5.) I take my children's old shoes and add them to my shoe garden. Recycling at it's most primitive.





6.) I love reading old books from my childhood. I'm currently working my way through the Trixie Belden books - this is the first time I've read them in over 20 years. Starting this coming Wednesday, I'm starting a Way Back Wednesday segment on my book blog - Bobbi's Book Nook - and I'm going to feature all the Trixie Belden books.





Now for the fun part - tag, you're it:

Mrs. Who
The Mother Tongue
Eat*Play*Love
Buried in Legos
Rock and Roll Mama
Draco's Rose

1 comment:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I was a preschooler 'Dark Shadows' fan, believe it or not. I was completely attracted to it. Born to love vampires, I guess. And the original 'Planet of the Apes' is among my favorite films.

Loved finding out about your recycled shoe planters, too!