Sunday, December 28, 2008

Inaugural Poet

I have always wanted to be a writer, but here is one writing job I'm glad I don't have! Check out Christopher Buckley's post at the Daily Beast. Buckley has written a blog post entitled "There Was a Young Man Named Obama."

Today's post is about Elizabeth Alexander who has been tapped by Obama to write an inaugural poem on January 20th.
I’ve written speeches for politicians, but I cannot imagine the pressure of having to come up with poetry to be read aloud in front of everyone on the planet.

Excellent article! I love Buckley's work!

1 comment:

hls1209 said...

Oh my - what a job! I wouldn't want to be responsible for that. The same with these designers who are "bidding" to dress Michelle Obama; they are going to be subject to extreme criticism, regardless of what they pick for her to wear. You can't please everyone.