Friday, July 31, 2009

Free Flowing Friday

1.) The most exciting thing to happen to me this week, as of this morning, is that I am the number one Lexington Examiner at Examiner.Com. This is the 2nd week in a row and I am so excited! Thank you to all my readers for making this possible. If anyone has ideas for gardening articles they would like to read, please click on my profile and send me an email.

2.) I am still struggling with the burn on my right foot. For those of you who missed my post, on Monday night, I sploshed hot oil onto the top of my bare foot. The feet are one of the hardest to heal areas of the body, and the position of this burn makes it impossible for me to wear a shoe. It is difficult to stand or walk because my foot is always flexing, which tugs on the newly healing skin. One day at a time, but they have been very slow days.

3.) I received some great review copies of some upcoming children/young adult books I am looking forward to reading and reviewing. All of these books have come from Sourcebook/Jabberwocky - thanks Paul Samuelson and Liz Kelsh!
  • Bran Hambric: The Farfield Curse by Kaleb Nation
  • The Tree That Time Built edited by Mary Ann Hoberman and Linda Winston
  • The 13 Days of Halloween by Carol Greene
  • Dreaming Anastasia by Joy Preble
  • Realm of the Rodent (Book #1 of Blood Brother) by Greg Hildebrandt, Jr.
  • Fairy Foals by ~Samatha


With the exception of Fairy Foals, these books will not be released until September, October or November.

4.) My youngest goes back to school on Monday. It is hard to believe she will be starting her senior year of high school. We are so proud of her! No the college hunt begins in earnest.

5.) Things I'm sick of this week:
  • Skipper Gate
  • Beer Feast
  • Birthers
  • Palin Watch
  • Jackson Frenzy
  • Jon and Kate


The list is short this week because of the pain in my foot. It has been hard to think about anything else.

Till next week .....

1 comment:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I'm definitely sick of Palin Watch, Jackson Frenzy, and Jon and Kate.

Congrats on your #1 status at the Examiner.com!

And I hope your foot feels better soon, Bobbi.