Monday, July 20, 2009

Ranting Again ....

.... I really hate to start Monday off with a Rant, but I can't help myself - some people just make it so easy!

I live 5 miles from town, so needless to say, I have a tiny commute to work every morning. Every morning for over 17 years, I've had to pass by the same 2 subdivisions - Brentwood and Alexandar Heights. Almost every morning for 17 years, some idiot has decided to pull out in front of me! I have had more near-miss collisions in this one spot and if I ever die in a car crash - heaven forbid - it will be near one of these 2 places.

It happened again this morning - traffic backed up for over a mile because of a collision at the entrance to Brentwood. Just for the record, I did not see this wreck happen, so I'm not sure what the cause of the accident was, but my near-misses give me a pretty good idea. I just pray everyone was okay. I saw at least 2 damaged vehicles, but no rescue squads or ambulances were on scene.

If you live in a subdivision that exits or enters from a MAJOR highway, don't be in such an all-fired hurry to pull out or in. Major highways have the right-of-way and cars are going at least the speed limit - most of them even faster. You are only asking for trouble when you pull into the path of another vehicle - even if you think you can speed up enough to pull ahead.

Think about saving your life - and if that doesn't work - think about the lives of your children, family and friends.

Rant over - thank you for listening ......

2 comments:

Shryl said...

I understand! I live on a short connecting road between old 127 and new 127...the first week I was here someone was killed at the stop sign on old 127...in the years following, Ive stopped counting the wrecks on either end...(usually)cars dont cause wrecks....people do!

Lisa Brawner said...

IS crazy way people drive...Had 2 right beside me this week .one drove thru a red light that had been red for seconds..than goodness no one was hit..then one ran a stop sign ...i stopped for it..then person behind me goes zooming around me and thru the stop sign..Dont even get me going on using new circle rd..