Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sucky Week

I know I shouldn't poo-poo a week before it's even started, but this is going to be a sucky week. My hubby has to work Sunrise shift at WLEX, which means he has to leave the house at 3:15am every morning - 3:15am as in just 3 hours after midnight. Yeah, told you it sucks ...

What this means for my family is, hubby will have to go to bed by 8 every night. Hell, it's just barely dark at 8. This means supper will have to be moved up a few hours to keep us from going to bed on a full stomach. We will have time to spend together in the afternoons, so the week won't be a total loss.

My problem is, I'm a creature of habit. I'm used to staying up - usually with my hubby - until midnight every night. With my insomnia, I'm sometimes awake even longer. We routinely eat supper at 7:30 or 8 because this is when he gets home from work. Mornings at our home run smoothly - Christine is up by 7 and out of the house by 7:30, I get ready for work by 8 and he gets up at 8, so we both have time in the bathroom.

Sunrise means hubby will be getting up at 2am - hell, I may still be awake at 2am! He'll be home by 2 in the afternoon, right in the middle of my prime writing time. Supper will probably be at 5:30 or 6.

I'm sorry - reading back over this, I'm a big whiny baby. I don't have anything to complain about so I just need to shut up. After all, things always have a way of working out in the end. Life is good and I need to be a happy camper.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Yeah but sometimes it just makes you feel better to bitch about it.