Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Way Back Wednesday - It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Okay, call me cheesy, call me campy, but my favorite Halloween movie is still IT'S THE GREAT PUMPKIN CHARLIE BROWN. There's just something about sweet little Linus waiting in the dark pumpkin patch that appeals to me.

Isn't it funny here in 2009 with DVR, iPhone and webcasts when we can watch anything and everything at the touch of a button, some classics are still best left for the holiday season. I still enjoy watching this great show.

There's just something cute about watching Charlie Brown and Snoopy rake leaves, only to have Linus jump in the pile while holding a sucker.
"Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker."
And does Lucy never get tired of pulling the football away from Charlie Brown at the last minute?

Poor Linus - will he never learn there is no Great Pumpkin? Oh, and this year he finally convinces Sally to forgo tricks-or-treats to wait with him in the pumpkin patch.



I think I like this episode so much because Snoopy (wearing his World War I flying ace gear) climbs aboard his Sopwith Camel (in reality, his doghouse) to battle the Red Baron. I love Snoopy!



In the end, Sally feels betrayed for listening to Linus and Linus feels glum because the Great Pumpkin didn't show up. But good characters keep going, so Linus perks up, leaving us with the proclamation that he knows the Great Pumpkin will come next year.

No comments: