Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Bitch is Back

For the past few months now, my favorite daytime fictional character - Kendall Hart Slater - has been in a coma. Of course, I'm talking about Alicia Minshew's character in the soap opera ALL MY CHILDREN. Now, before you get your panties in a wad, ALL MY CHILDREN is the only soap opera I watch, but it is a daily habit I've had since I was 16 years old.

In the storyline, Kendall was a victim of the tornadoes that tore through the fictional town of Pine Valley, leaving her in a coma. In actuality, Minshew was only taking a few months off to make plans for her real-life wedding. Okay, you caught me - I'm ashamed to admit I have done my fair share of Googling as far as ALL MY CHILDREN is concerned.

Kendall is the type of character people love to hate! She has such an over the top kind of personality, you continue to watch her just to see what she's going to do next.

Alicia Minshew is not the first Kendall Hart - oh, no, no, no ... this role was originated by Sarah Michelle Gellar (before Buffy the Vampire Slayer was a twinkle in Joss Whedon's eye) in 1993 - Minshew has only been Kendall since 2002, but she has made the role her own.

Of course, one of the greatest appeals the past few years has been Kendall's love affair with Zach Slater played by Thorsten Kaye - oh, be still my heart!! The pairing of these two strong personalities has kept ALL MY CHILDREN fresh.

So there you have it - my one daily "guilty" pleasure! It has been a part of my life for over 30 years ... here's to many more years!

No comments: