Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Television Whore

I don't do a lot of meme's, but here is a great one I picked up from Amy at My Friend Amy. Obviously, she is as much a TV whore as I am!!

1. Name a TV show series in which you have seen every episode at least twice: Dark Shadows, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Bones, Weeds, Dexter, X-Files, Planet of the Apes (1974, don't laugh!), Land of the Lost (from my childhood, again, don't laugh!)



2. Name a show you can’t miss: Bones, Medium, LOST, Fringe, Robin Hood, Primeval, Legend of the Seeker



3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to watch a show: David Boreanaz

4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to watch a show: I can't think of anyone that would turn me off from a great show.



5. Name a show you can, and do, quote from: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, LOST, Dark Shadows, Bones, Weeds, Dexter



6. Name a show you like that no one else enjoys: Most of my friends don't watch a lot of TV, so this could be almost anything! However, not many people I know watch Bones and I absolutely LOVE this show! Also, Legend of the Seeker.

7. Name a TV show which you’ve been known to sing the theme song: Land of the Lost (from my childhood), Friends, Cheers, Weeds (up until last season when they quit using "Little Boxes")




8. Name a show you would recommend everyone to watch: Fringe, United States of Tara





9. Name a TV series you own: Dark Shadows (all 128 disc!), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Weeds, How I Met Your Mother, House





10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium, but has surprised you with his/her acting choices in television: I still can't believe Johnny Depp started out on 21 Jump Street! (Okay, so I just wanted a reason to post another picture of Johnny Depp!)

11. What is your favourite episode of your favourite series? "The Knight on the Grid" - Bones





12. Name a show you keep meaning to watch, but you just haven’t gotten around to yet: Mad Men



13. Ever quit watching a show because it was so bad? In the past, I have given up several because I just lost interest: ER, 24, Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles

14. Name a show that’s made you cry multiple times: Bones



15. What do you eat when you watch TV? We usually eat supper in front of the TV (bad habit, I know). I also tend to snack on popcorn or crackers.



16. How often do you watch TV? Our TV is on most of the time, even if we aren't watching. I come home from work at noon and will typically have on MSNBC for the majority of the afternoon. After hubby gets home, we usually have supper and then settle in to watch the tube. Most nights, I'm knitting while I watch my shows - it keeps my hands busy and helps me avoid #15.

17. What’s the last TV show you watched? Medium



18. What’s your favourite/preferred genre of TV? I enjoy drama, fantasy and science-fiction the best. Hubby likes his comedy.

19. What was the first TV show you were obsessed with? Land of the Lost and Planet of the Apes, both from 1974. The first TV show I owned on DVD was Buffy the Vampire Slayer, although I did use the VCR to capture all of Star Trek: The Next Generation and X-Files.

20. What TV show do you wish you never watched? The Rosie O'Donnell Live Variety Show - thank goodness it was canceled after only one show! I love Rosie, but this show was horrible!!

21. What’s the weirdest show you enjoyed? Twin Peaks






22. What TV show scared you the most? I don't watch many scarey programs, but there have been a few episodes of Dark Shadows and X-Files that gave me nightmares.




23. What is the funniest TV show you have ever watched? How I Met Your Mother





24) What show was cancelled too early? Planet of the Apes - only 13 episodes. I remember crying as a 12 year old because they canceled my favorite show. Recently, I was saddened when they canceled My Own Worst Enemy - I enjoy Christian Slater and this show was just getting good! I also hated because they canceled Lipstick Jungle this year.

No comments: