Friday, April 17, 2009

Free Flowing Friday

My brain is crammed full of STUFF - so much stuff I can't come up with a cohesive post. Instead, I'm giving you my free flowing thoughts:

1.) I'm so proud of my daughter for being accepted into the Governor's School of the Arts!! She is so happy and I love seeing my baby happy.

2.) I had a great time at the Poetry Slam last night at Mercer County Senior High School, even if there wasn't a huge turnout. Very happy Charles Semones showed up and read - I love listening to and reading his work.

3.) Our refrigerator is shot - will be buying another one this weekend. There goes my gardening budget for the year. I can't win for losing.

4.) Twin Hills Drive-In reopens for the 2009 season tonight: RACE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN and FAST AND FURIOUS. This means I won't see much of my hubby and daughter on weekend nights from now until November because they will both be working.

5.) Christine has to be at EKU at 7:15 in the morning to attend the KYWC Poetry and Prose in the Parks / Cumberland Falls Workshop. Then we have to pick her up at EKU at 7:00 tomorrow night. I guess she'll be running a little late for work tomorrow night.

6.) I want to finish getting the lettuce in the garden today. If anyone knows where I can find some Jerusalem artichoke, please let me know.

7.) I'm almost finished with the 4th book in the FABLEHAVEN series by Brandon Mull, SECRETS OF THE DRAGON SANCTUARY. I'm sad there will only be one more book in the series. :-(

8.) I have several short stories I hoping to finish this weekend. I also have an essay to finish and a piece on the super 70s. Not complaining about the writing, just complaining because I never have enough time to write everything that is flowing through my brain.

9.) I finished up the green shawl I was working on, now I'm ready to start the next one. This one will be for my mother-in-law, but I haven't been able to find the yarn I want to use.

10.) The sun is shining - hey, hey, hey ....

I guess I better actually try to get some work done. Later ...

No comments: