Friday, May 8, 2009

My 500th Post ...

... at least on Rightmyer Rants. I'm fast approaching the same amount on 2 of my other blogs - My Muse and Me and Bobbi's Book Nook. I totally missed my 1st year blogging anniversary in February, but actually, I think 500 posts is a bigger milestone.

FREE FLOWING FRIDAY:

1.) As you can tell from my 499th post, I'm going to see STAR TREK this weekend - I am so excited!! I was never a fan of Capt. Kirk - sorry Shatner - but it will be interesting to learn how he turned into the cocky, female obsessed captain he did.

2.) Unfortunately, because of STAR TREK (we can only go in the afternoon due to hubby and daughter's work), I won't get to attend the book signing of my friend, Earl Dean. His first novel - THE TAILOR MAIDEN'S SECRET - was released this week and he will be in Gratz Park in Lexington for Mayfest. However, the leader of my writing group is going to pick up a book for me and I should see Earl next week at our group meeting. If you happen to be near Gratz Park between noon and 4 on Saturday, stop by to see the 17+ authors scheduled to be signing books.

3.) Although I love the rain, if it doesn't dry up for at least one day, I may have to bushhog my yard. Trying to mow one-acre with a push mower and wet grass is soooo not going to happen.

4.) Just finished Ted Dekker's newest book - THE BONEMAN'S DAUGHTERS - can we all say creepy?! This was a haunting murder mystery about a serial killer who kills young girls by breaking all the bones in their body - without breaking the skin. It truly held my attention and I read it in 2 days (400 pages). If you love Dekker and murder mysteries, this one is great. I have a feeling it may end up being one of the big "beach reads" of the summer.

5.) I'm hoping I have enough flowers blooming this weekend to be able to pick my Mother's Day bouquets - we've had lots of rain, but not a lot of sun. Every year I pick enough flowers from my yard to make my Mom and my Mom-in-law a HUGE bouquet. The snowballs are beautiful, as are the Iris and mock orange, but I depend on the peonies and I don't have very many that are currently open all the way. I'm praying for sun today and tomorrow to help them open.

Later ...

No comments: