Sunday, March 1, 2009

Doogie Howser, M.D.

Hulu is taking over our lives - well, not really, just a little portion. This weekend, my hubby has become obsessed with Doogie Howser, M. D. starring a very young Neil Patrick Harris. This television series about a genius teenager who becomes a doctor and was on the air from 1989 until 1993.

I remember us watching this show when it was originally on - this would have been in the first years of our marriage. I thought it was a good show, but not one of those great shows, like Star Trek: The Next Generation or X-Files.

We both enjoy Harris' role on How I Met Your Mother - Barney Stinson is a hilarious character. We also both enjoy his self-portrayal in the Harold and Kumar movies and his singing role in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. So, I guess it's natural for hubby to go back to Harris' original role.

Come to think of it, I may have to check out some Starsky and Hutch or Welcome Back Kotter or Lost in Space or ...

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I loved Doogie Howser when I was young. I had the biggest crush on him!