Friday, March 6, 2009

Who the Heck Said That?


Is it Friday again already? Where did the week go? In loo of an uninteresting week and the swiftness with which it passed, I decided to revive Fun Friday for this first Friday in March. When I started my Facebook account a few weeks ago, one of the questions on the profile was "favorite quotes." Here are some of my favorite movie quotes:

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." - Princess Bride

"I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave." - Labyrinth

"Oh, right! To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people! I've known sheep that could outwit you. I've worn dresses with higher IQs. But you think you're an intellectual, don't you, ape?" - A Fish Called Wanda

"As I said before, I've allowed you to keep your wicked life for two reasons." - Kill Bill, Vol 1

"You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in France? ... A Royale with cheese." - Pulp Fiction

"Hey, Pam, remember when I said this car was death proof? Well, that wasn't a lie. This car is 100% death proof. Only to get the benefit of it, honey, you REALLY need to be sitting in my seat." - Death Proof

"I realize as a woman how lucky I am. I was there when that wonderful creature drifted into my life and I was there when she drifted out. It was the most precious moment of my life." - Steel Magnolias

"To die, to be *really* dead, that must be glorious!" - Dracula (1931)

"I was just thinking that of all the trails in this life there is one that matters most. It is the trail of a true human being. I think you are on this trail and it is good to see." - Dances with Wolves

"This is not my beautiful house. This is not my beautiful wife. Anymore." - Secret Window

"I'm too old for this sort of thing. Just wake me up when the planet's destroyed." - Wizards

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" - Clerks

"I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do!" - Wizard of Oz

Happy Friday, everyone!


(Animation cell from Ralph Bakshi's WIZARDS - Avator and Elinore)

No comments: