Friday, January 9, 2009

Deerloaf

This fall my oldest daughter bagged a 15 point buck here in Mercer County. Once the meat was processed, all our freezers are full! Because my hubby and youngest daughter love my meatloaf - made with ground turkey or chicken - I decided to try my hand at meatloaf using deerburger. Turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself!


Bobbi's Deerloaf

-1 pound deerburger (or ground beef, turkey or chicken)
-2 eggs, beaten
-1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
-1/4 cup chopped onion
-1 envelope onion soup mix
-1/2 cup tomato paste (or ketsup, in a pinch)
-1 box stuffing (Stovetop or generic brand)
-Salt and pepper to taste
-3 TBSP water (deerburger is dry, so this keeps it moist)

Mix everything together in a large bowl (reserving 1/2 the tomato paste) until all ingredients are well incorporated. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray. Pack deerloaf into loaf pan and spread remaining tomato pastoe on top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil from pan and continue cooking for 15 more minutes. Allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing.

Yummy! There is always plenty to have for sandwiches the next day, and to take my mother-in-law a plate.

Remember, this kind of meatloaf,NOT this kind of Meatloaf!!!!

No comments: