Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Slip Sliding Away

Slip sliding away, slip sliding away - you know the nearer your destination the more you're slip sliding away ...



Most of us in the Bluegrass region of Kentucky awoke this morning to Ice Storm 2009. Here in Harrodsburg, we only got about 1 inch of snow, but the snow is now covered with a half inch of ice!

My car is iced over, all my trees are iced over - not to mention all the stubble in my wildflower garden. It makes for some beautiful pictures, but not so beautiful driving conditions. Daughter is home from school and I'm home from work. Unfortunately, the hubby had to stay overnight in Lexington to be ready to do team coverage of the storm damage.

This morning I refused to take our doggie for a walk, so I put on his longest lead and stood on the back porch so he could go out in the yard do his business. Even though he weighs almost 50 pounds, he was walking on TOP of the ice! Yes, that's how thick the ice is on the ground - my doggie didn't even break through to the snow. And yes, now there is a yellow stain on the snow/ice and a lovely package I'll have to shovel up later.

Hope everyone is safe and warm and still has electricity. Later ...

3 comments:

Liz said...

Ugh. And I had to go out in that mess. My first snow experience was driving from Salvisa to Harrodsburg to Lexington when we had what I thought was a "decent" snow about 3? years ago. Maybe 2. Iuno. But being from the coast of NC, that was a lot of snow. This morning was my first ice experience. I wanted to shoot someone from my car. I really wanted to cuddle up and stay in bed all day.

Lisa Brawner said...

took me about an hour this morning to clear the ice off porch and small walkway to the car.Was about 2 inches thick.. I didnt even try to clean the car though. I already called work and said i will not be there tomorrow. :)

Anonymous said...

Stay in and stay warm!