Thursday, July 3, 2008

Coca-Cola Challenge


Yesterday I made the plunge into a Coca-Cola free life! I've been addicted to Cokes almost since birth. Over the years I have tried to stop cold turkey and I've tried cutting down to one or two a day - but I always seem to go back to my old habits.

Now, with the increasing threat of global warming and an environmental movement to live a greener lifestyle, I've decided to try again to give up my sugary addiction. Yes, you read right, sugary addiction, as in full-flavor, full-sugar Coke, not that crappy diet stuff.

I don't know if it's fate, or if he Big Guy upstairs is watching over me, but one of the blogs I regularly read had a link to a soft drink challenge: CarbonRally Beverage Independence. This challenge is tailor made for me, so I've put my plans in writing and signed myself up.

I'm already 1 1/2 days without a Coke, and I'm waiting for the headaches and withdrawals to start. Lots of prayer and encouragement are needed - I need all the help I can get!

No comments: