Friday, July 25, 2008

Fun Friday - Test Your Geek Factor

I found a wonderful website to test your geek factor: Innergeek.
The test is waaaay too long to include in this post, but I've provided you with my favorite categories. So, how geeky are you?

I HAVE...
--attended a geek party
--been really excited about attending a geek party
--thrown a geek party
--Beta tested this Geek Test
--roleplayed
--introduced several people to roleplaying
--gamed in a tournament
--gone to a party just to play Trivial Pursuit
--a phone number with GEEK as the last four digits
--worn a costume other than for Halloween or a play
--worked for a Renaissance Faire
--criticized normality
--taken the Mensa test
--joined Mensa
--talked to plants to help them grow
--quoted Yoda in conversation or debate, at least semi-seriously
--gone to the movies alone
--go to movie dressed up like one of the characters
--waited in line 2+ hours for movie tickets
--waited in line 12+ hours for movie tickets
--skipped parties to program or repair computers
--argued about which "Trek" is the best
--founded a club of any sort
--snorted while laughing
--never turned down a date
--held an office in the SCA
--written articles for SCA publications
--used "authenticity police" in a sentence
--framed my scroll(s)

I HAVE READ...
--Douglas Adams
--Piers Anthony
--Isaac Asimov
--Arthur C. Clarke
--Stephen Hawking
--Robert Heinlein
--Robert Jordan
--H.P. Lovecraft
--Anne McCaffrey
--J.R.R. Tolkien
--any "The Companion to ..." books
--books based on Star Trek or Star Wars
--comic books
--graphic novels
--fan fiction
--hypertext fiction
--The Knowne Worlde Handbook
--books on math/science outside class
--books on grammar outside class
--books on history outside class
--Russian literature outside class
--gaming books
--entire calculator manuals
--entire computer manuals
--software/computer language books
--for a reading circle or book club
--joke/humor books for self-enrichment

I BELIEVE...--in unicorns and dragons
--in fairies, trolls or leprechauns
--in aliens
--in vampires --that I am a vampire
--in the Force
--that anything can be fixed
--Linux is the only worthwhile OS

I ROUTINELY WATCH...--X-Files
--Star Trek
--Star Trek: The Next Generation
--Star Trek: Voyager
--Deep Space 9
--Babylon 5
--Farscape
--Buffy the Vampire Slayer
--MST3K
--Dexter's Lab
--Superhero cartoons (Batman, Superman, etc.)
--Beat the Geeks
--Jeopardy
--Quantum Leap
--Highlander
--Junkyard Wars
--spinoff shows of any of the above
--documentaries
--obscure movies
--foreign films
--Anime
--History or Discovery Channel
--Weather Channel
--Sci-fi Channel
--Food or Game Show Network
--Cartoon Network
--Tech TV
--bonus features on DVDs

I HAVE SEEN (2+ times)...--Bladerunner
--Clerks
--The Dark Crystal
--The Fly
--Highlander: the movie
--The Last Starfighter
--The Fellowship of the Ring
--The Two Towers
--The Matrix
--Any Monty Python movie
--The Neverending Story
--Princess Bride
--Rocky Horror Picture Show
--Spaceballs
--TRON
--War Games
--Any Star Trek movie
--All Star Trek movies
--The Star Wars Trilogy
--Star Wars Episode I and II
--Transformers: the movie
--Weird Science
--Any Kung Fu movie made before 1980

I OWN...--5+ of the above movies on DVD
--10+ of the above movies on DVD
--pocket protector
--Rubik's cube
--2+ Rubik's cubes
--more than one slinky
--four-color pen
--whole/partial set of figurines
--multi-sided dice
--a gaming book
--a few gaming books
--a ton of gaming books
-->1 Steve Jackson game
--Most of the MageKnight line
--Magic the Gathering cards
--Universal remote control with LCD display
--1 or 2 computers
--3+ computers
--a computer currently running on Linux
--PDA, pager, and cell phone
--DVD burner
--Sun, HP, SGI server
--2+ DVD players
--2+ sound effects CDs
--art made from color gels
--a techie black outfit
--a toy lightsaber
--a real lightsaber
--script to any Monty Python film
--several maps and/or globes
--thermometer that also measures humidity
--a full set of encyclopedias
--2+ dictionaries
--2+ calculators
--> 1 chess set
--> 1 trivia game
--> 1 video game console
--> 1 pre-1985 video game console
--beakers, test tubes or Petrie dishes
--an exotic animal
--voltmeter
--binoculars
--spyglass
--telescope
--microscope
--magnifying glass
--aser pointer

BONUS ROUND
--I am a female geek
--My profession requires a certain level of geekiness
--Throughout my life, my level of geekiness has only increased
--I think this Geek Test is really cool
--I can think of other things that should get me points on this test

According to the questions you answer, you are assigned to a category of geekiness:
++ Geek.............................................≥15%
+++ Total Geek......................................≥25%
++++ Major Geek.....................................≥35%
+++++ Super Geek....................................≥45%
++++++ Extreme Geek.................................≥55%
+++++++ Geek God....................................≥65%
+++++++! Dysfunctional Geek.........................≥75%

I'M A SUPER GEEK!!

Now, go test your inner geek

© 2003-2006 www.innergeek.us - all rights reserved

3 comments:

Tash said...

hmmmm, I think that you definitely qualify as a geek!! I too watch the trekkies (own the very last episode of voyager!!) but they don't seem to be showing on any of the five channels that I have - if I had any more I'd never get anything done!!

Claremont First Ward said...

This is such a comprehensive geek quiz! :)

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog when I was featured on SITS. I look forward to many more visits. Off to read more.

~*Paty*~ said...

Haha...I'll have to take it. Thanks for stopping by!