Friday, July 18, 2008

Fun Friday Facts - King Henry VIII

For the past couple of months, I've been on a Tudor history kick. It started with Philippa Gregory's Tudor books (The Other Boleyn Girl, The Boleyn Inheritance, The Queen's Fool, etc.) then I moved on to The Tudors, the Showtime series. Still hungry for information, I moved on to non-fiction. The following is a list of "Fun Facts" about the legendary King Henry VIII:

--King Henry's 1st wife, Catherine of Aragon, was the widow of Henry's older brother, Authur. Catherine was almost 20 years older than Henry.

--Anne Boleyn, Henry's 2nd wife, was rumored to have had 6 fingers on one hand.

--Anne Boleyn's motto was, "Grumble all you like, this is how it's going to be". This was emblazoned on her livery.

--Although Henry had numerous illegimate children, Jane Seymour - his 3rd wife - produced the only legal male heir, Edward. King Edward I became king at age 9 and died at age 16.

--Jane Seymour's motto was, "Bound to obey and serve".

--When Henry's 4th marriage to Anne of Cleaves was annuled, he declared her "my sister."

--When Henry's 5th wife, Catherine Howard was sentenced to be beheaded, it is said she practiced for days how to lay her head on the chopping block.

--Catherine Parr was Henry's 6th and final wife. She had two previous marriages before she married King Henry, and she remarried once more after Henry's death.

5 comments:

Alice said...

Hey girl - did you change or remove your original blog? My reader wasn't picking you up anymore.

Anonymous said...

I want not approve on it. I over precise post. Expressly the appellation attracted me to review the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

I'm the kind of hombre who enjoys to seek fresh stuff. Presently I am building my personalized photovoltaic panels. I am managing it all by myself without the help of my men. I am using the internet as the only path to acheive this. I encountered a very brilliant website that explains how to contruct pv panels and so on. The site explains all the steps required to diy solar panel construction.

I'm not really sure bout how accurate the information given there is. If some guys over here who had xp with these works can have a peak and give your feedback in the thread it will be great and I would extremely value it, cauze I really take an interest in [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Tnx for reading this. U guys rock.

Anonymous said...

pravachol online pharmacycanadian pharmacy online zyprexa

[url=http://www.bebo.com/buylevitraonline1]buy levitra cheap online[/url]