Wednesday, August 13, 2008

10-For-10 Meme

I got tagged for this meme by Flickrlovr. It's called the 10-For-10 Meme. Tell the world 10interesting/random/quirky/normal/silly things about yourself...things you're looking forward to, things about you personally, whatever you want.

And here we go, my Top 10 List:

10.) My name is Bobbi and I was named after my daddy, Bobby. Actually, I think my parents were expecting a boy, but they ended up with me. So, they changed the "y" to an "i" and I became Bobbi; not Barbara or Roberta, but Bobbi.

9.) When I'm out in a crowd and someone yells "Mommy", I'm always looking around for one of my kids, even if I know the kids are not with me. (Oh, and my kids are ages 16, 24, and 26 - all girls).

8.) I can't wait for September 3 - this is the night when Season 4 of Bones premieres. I love, love, love this show!!

7.) I currently have 6 cats - 2 adults and 4 kittens (3 months old). Yeah, I know, I'm turning into a crazy cat lady.

6.) I'm a book whore and I will read almost anything I can get my hands on. Hence the reason I have a book review blog, Bobbi's Book Nook.

5.) This summer I've become and obsessive blogger. Don't believe me? Click on my profile and check out my blogs. See, I told you - obsessive. Anyone know a good 12-step program?

4.) My brain is full of useless trivia: What color are Dorothy's slippers in the book Wizard of Oz? (silver) What is Angela Montenegro's (from Bones) middle name and why? (Pearly Gates; this is the name of ZZ Tops member Billy Gibbons' guitar - he also plays Angela's father!) Which part in Buffy the Vampire Slayer did Sarah Michelle Gellar originally try out for? (Cordelia)

3.) I may be 45 years old, but I love going to Rock 'N Roll concerts. Yeah, I'm that scary weirdo chick dancing and singing to every song. Most memoriable concerts: Pink Floyd 1998, Genesis 1999, Moody Blues 2001, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (too many to list), Jethro Tull (too many to list), and Heart (2006).

2.) I've lived in Harrodsburg, Kentucky all my life and I have no desire to live anywhere else.

And the number 1 most interesting thing about me:

1.) I'm deathly afraid of clowns! Actually, anything with a white face. Can't see the new Batman movie - yikes, can we say Joker - I hate going to McDonald's - whoever thought Ronald made a good mascot was crazy - I have been known to climb over my children at a circus or parade just to get away from the clowns!

And there you have it, 10 random facts about myself. Do you still love me? Will you come back? I promise, I'm not as scary as I sound.

4 comments:

flickrlovr said...

That was great! I always love learning new things about people, it helps you get to know them better for sure. Thanks so much for participating, Bobbi! You rock my socks off.

Do you know where Monticello, Kentucky is? (No one really does apparently, but I thought I'd try you, since you're a native.) Our dear friends are from there.

That 'useless' trivia is gonna come in handy some day on Jeopardy, just you wait!

I've totally become a crazy obsessive blogger this summer too. I walk around thinking up blog posts...I want to blog about everything...I dream about my sidebars in my sleep...oh, I'm obsessive alright!

Thanks again for responding Bobbi! And thanks for the link love!

Alice said...

I'm not saying I like clowns, but my husband hates them too and we had a heck of a time when we were forced to stay at Circus Circus in Las Vegas. Ewwww..

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Can you just close your eyes whenever Heath Ledger comes onscreen? I'm telling you, 'The Dark Knight' is a fantastic film.

EatPlayLove said...

there is no program to release you from the blogging addiction, or I would have signed up months ago! Great post...