Monday, August 11, 2008

Manic Monday - Wedding Bells Are Ringing

This weekend it hit me like a ton of bricks - both my older two daughters are getting married next year. Two weddings in one year - oh, be still my heart! If this doesn't count as a Manic Monday, then nothing does.

Amber, the oldest, has been engaged for almost two years and I was beginning to think they might never get married. They have bought a house together and for the past two years have been remodeling and refurnishing in their spare time. They plan to marry in June 2009.

Marie, the younger, just got engaged a few months ago, and although she wanted to get married next spring, they have decided to wait until September 2009. Actually, the older one was going to be upset if the younger one married first - sisters, you've gotta love'em!

This means that instead of the stress and commotion that comes with planning a wedding and reception, I'll have double the stress and commotion. I'm just not sure if I'm up to the challenge, but I'll try to muddle through.

Actually, they have both already picked out their dresses, so that is one thing to mark off the list. Now comes picking the perfect locations for the ceremony and the recption, picking out the cake and accessories, and locating the perfect photographer. So many details, so little time.

My baby girls really are growing up. And my future son-in-laws, well they are both wonderful young men and I couldn't be prouder. Plus, they will be easy to remember - they are both named Jason. Now how's that for coincidence?!


So, in the coming months, if you notice me saying strange things or writing strange posts, just ignore me. I'm sure the stress hormones will take residence in my body and drive me to the brink of insanity. Afterall, weddings are one of those things that a mother looks forward to, but it is also one of the things we dread.

4 comments:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I'll just put it all down to cortisol, then. (The stress hormone...)

Congratulations x 2, though!

Lynda said...

Oh my goodness - I would be stressed RIGHT out! And (off-topic), how do you keep up with so many blogs???

Alice said...

Two in one year! You'll have great blog material for sure. ; )

If you're not stone cold broke first.

Congrats!

Tiffany said...

I love weddings. Both marrying a Jason...