Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Morning After "Weeds"



"I Am the Table"

Nancy wakes to a house full of contractors hired by Shane - and an inpromtu meeting with Esteban. Guirellmo is also at the meeting where he gets "dressed down" for threatening Nancy's life.

Esteban takes Nancy out to lunch, but their spontaneous date ends in near violence when someone takes a shot at Esteban. It is during his explanation of who was shooting at him that we get the title of this episode - I am the table. After taking Nancy to see his rare lion - and watching it kill and eat a goat - the heat between Nancy and Esteban accelerates into an NC-17 romp in the sack! I'm not sure who had more claw marks on their back!

Andy and Doug successfully smuggle their first customers across the border. Andy is the guide and Doug is the border militia that allows it to happen. Lee Majors again has a cameo.

The attraction between Silas and Lisa revives into overdrive - doesn't she realize he's still a minor? In the process of tasting Lisa's inferior weed, Silas reveals he is a pot grower - soon to be dealer. Because her cheese shop has such obvious strong odors, she offers to let Silas do business in the back of her store.

Celia develops an addiction to her Mexican pills and is barely able to function, forcing Isabelle to walk to school on her first day. After she lets the 3rd customer steal clothes from the maternity shop, the guard in the back room snaps her back into gear with a snort that leaves her buzzing. From alcoholic to drug abuser in just a few weeks time - Celia is headed for a huge fall.

And Shane, fearing another school with another set of rules and another group of kids who pick on him, decides to make a strong first impression during his first day at a new school.

Another great episode. It never ceases to amaze me how they can fit so much into a 25 minute episode.

2 comments:

EatPlayLove said...

I promise my next trip to the video store I will pick up weeds, you are just getting me hooked.

The Nice One said...

I love this show. It is so incredible. It is one of those that has sucked me in and made me an addict.