Sunday, November 23, 2008

Knitted Christmas Gifts

I have been a knitting fool this weekend, completing 3 scarves for Christmas gifts.
This is the first basket weave scarf I have ever knitted. I've always been afraid to try a different patter, but I decided what the heck. I think it turned out well. My hubby has asked for a gray one like this. I think this basket weave pattern would look great on a shawl or a throw. I may have to try this after the rush of Christmas is over.

I also knitted two with fake fur - this blue one and a pale pink one. I love working with fake fur - it makes a fabulous scarf and it is very forgiving with mistakes.

I've also started a varigated blue scarf that I'm making in a striped pattern using knitted and purled rows. I've never tried one like this, but it is looking good.

2 comments:

Lisa Brawner said...

those are beautiful ! The basket weave is a very interesting pattern.

Natalie said...

Those look wonderful! Any time for lessons? I want to learn how to knit.