Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Try-It Tuesdays - Meg Mackintosh Mysteries

For this week's Try-It Tuesday, I'm highlighting a children's book series I recently discovered. Although this series has been around for about 10 years, until I recently started doing book reviews for my newspaper and public library, I had never read them. These solve-it-yourself mysteries of Meg Mackintosh are by writer and illustrator Lucinda Landon.


The Meg Mackintosh Mysteries by Lucinda Landon (drawing from the official website.)

Meg is a modern day, albeit younger version, of my childhood favorite Trixie Belden. Her ability to track and solve mysteries will keep young readers turning the pages and clamoring for more.

-------------------------

Current Meg Mackintosh books available:

Meg Mackintosh and

(#1) The Case of the Missing Babe Ruth Baseball


(#2) The Case of the Curious Whale Watch

(#3) The Mystery at the Medieval Castle

(#4) The Mystery at Camp Creepy

(#5) The Mystery in the Locked Library

(#6) The Mystery at the Soccer Match

(#7) The Mystery on Main Street

(#8) The Stage Fright Secret

(#9) Solves Seven American History Mysteries


So, if you have a young reader in your home, these would make great Christmas gifts! Or check them out from your favorite public library, which is where I found these wonderful books.

No comments: