Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Way Back Wednesday - A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (1973)

What would Thanksgiving be with A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving? This video was one of my favorites as a child, and it was also a favorite of my children's - especially my youngest, Christine. Christine has always had the love of anything Peanuts, so this is a classic we watch every year.

I remember when I was a child, way back in the 1970s, my siblings and I were allowed to stay up and watch the specials that came on TV for the holidays - back then, they were only on once every year.

This 30 minute video finds the Peanuts gang preparing to host a traditional Thanksgiving feast. It is full of classic Peanut's moments: Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown, Snoopy and Woodstock cooking up something good, and Linus explaining to everyone the true meaning of Thanksgiving (he does the same for Christmas).

This Emmy Award-winning cartoon is a classic which will be admired by many more generations of children - as well as their parents.

1 comment:

Lisa Brawner said...

I love this one. I have it on dvd and just watched it yesterday while working on jewelry. There isnt alof of thanksgiving shows --wish there was !